Here at Motion Picture Video Production, we are committed to providing you the best video marketing strategy possible, so you can lead your business to greater heights. With over twenty years of video production expertise under our belts, here at Motion Picture Video Production, we know the importance of understanding your audience. Every piece of content you create for your customers should be targeted exactly for their wants and their needs. Nothing helps you gain this level of focus quite like creating a Customer Avatar.
But What is a Customer Avatar?
A Customer Avatar is a detailed representation of a particular set of people your business serves. Basically, you are creating and fleshing out a character that represents your audience. When creating any sort of content, you can use your Customer Avatar as a check list to run that content through. Will the content make sense to your Customer Avatar? Will they be able to find it on their desired platform? This will make sure your content is reaching the right people through the right methods.
So, what do you need to consider as a business owner, when trying to think like a client? Let us guide you through the five things you need to consider when making a customer persona for your business.
1. The Statistical Basics
When planning your Customer Avatar, start with the basics you might find on a survey or census.
- What is your ideal customer’s age, gender and marital status?
- What job do they have?
- What is the title of that job?
- What industry do they work in?
- Where do they live and where is their employment based?
2. Develop a Backstory
Once you’ve determined where your ideal customer is now, it’s important to think about how they got there. Education is critical to understanding the mindset of your potential clients. Everyone’s education and career journey affect how they make decisions now, and it’s important to flesh out those details to truly understand where the customer is coming from.
- Where did they start from?
- How did they get to where they are now?
- What are their career goals and where would they like to be?
- Are they developing as an individual or within a team?
- What are their day to day goals?
- How is their everyday routine – is it rushed and busy, or relaxed and slow-paced?
3. Consider Interaction
Once you’ve determined what your avatar’s work routine is like, then you can theorise on how that customer might interact with your business, product or service. This will entirely depend on their day to day routine as detailed above. Will they have the time to consume long-form content around their hectic routine, or should you make sure they have something short and snappy to look at on the go.
- When will they have the time to see your content?
- Are they the one that makes decisions when it comes to purchases?
- Will they have to ask someone else to make the purchase for them?
- What will motivate them to get in touch with you specifically?
- How are they most likely to look for you? Will they use a Google search or seek a recommendation from friends?
4. What are Their Objections?
Just as customers are always looking for what’s in it for them, they’re also wary of any inconveniences a new addition to their life might cause. Think about what your avatar might be afraid of when engaging with a new product or idea, and how you can address that in your content.
- How might this new product or service change their usual day to day routine?
- Will they have concerns about cost or timing?
- Is the new product or service easy to understand for someone of their relative expertise?
- How complicated is the sales process for them?
- Would your competitors offer anything more or different?
5. Plan for Success
To understand the motivations of a customer, you need to understand their end goal. They want to buy your product or services to achieve something – to obtain what your marketing has promised them. So, you’ll need to consider what success looks like for them.
- What exactly are they looking for?
- What did they need after obtaining your product or service to use it to their maximum advantage?
- What does a good day look like for your ideal customer?
- How are they measuring their improvements or success?
Have an idea for your ideal Customer Avatar, but unsure where to go next? Motion Picture Video Production is here to help you with every stage of your journey Video Marketing Strategy. However, you want to use video to promote your business, we’ll help you explore your options and the outcomes a targeted video marketing strategy can achieve. It all starts with a thirty minute, no obligation, Business Video Marketing Consultation. Soon you too could be tapping into the boundless potential of video marketing, and all it can do for you and your business. Contact us at https://video-production-hampshire.co.uk/contact-us/ or email [email protected].uk to find out more!